Today marks the first day of a weekend military conference. I am especially excited for these next few days because of the specific needs that these kids will have. Most of the families that come to this conference have never been here before and some may not have the whole family together. It is really a time when we can minister to families who may be miles apart and need a restful and relaxing few days. My goal is to touch children’s lives.
We have a great group of kids this week; so much energy and
willingness to play along with our games and activities. This morning was an
especially long session but the time flew by as I played with the kids and
listened as they taught me how to see from the perspective of a child. One boy
especially impressed me. He was intricately coloring the craft project (a popsicle
stick with an empty tomb on one side and a tomb with a stone rolled away on the
other) when I stopped to ask him about his picture. He began describing how
there was darkness (black color) coming toward the tomb with himself, another
teacher, and Jesus atop it. The black color however could not continue more
then an inch or so toward the empty tomb because “good” (blue color) was
preventing the evil from getting to all the way to where Jesus was standing.
This conversation was very preciouses coming from a 7 year old. It led us to
talking about how good triumphs evil and Jesus ultimately wins that battle. He
then proceeded to draw a blue outline around Himself, Jesus, and the other
teacher and told me that it was God putting a shield around all of his
followers.
I get so excited when I hear children truly understanding
the message of salvation and what it entails. God has made his plan so simple
that even (and sometimes especially) a child can understand the message and
take it to heart while he is still young. Tonight I will be teaching the lesson
and hope to make an impact on these children’s lives. I would never want to
make anyone stumble in his or her faith, and the realization of the
responsibility that has been given to me is sometimes overwhelming. Please continue
to pray as God uses all of us here in Cannon Beach to proclaim His message to
young people.
“Truly I
tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never
enter the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 18:3
No comments:
Post a Comment