Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer At The Beach Post #5

The best week of the summer so far

This week was awesome!
I was able to connect with every one of the 23 souls God entrusted to us. Each one had a unique story ranging from wonderful homes to shattered lives. Children struggling with faith because they witnessed their father desert the family and children who’s hearts are on fire for Christ and eager to learn more.

One child in particular touched my heart. As I gave him a piggyback ride, he told me about his drug-addicted parents and how he lived with his grandmother. His only pair of shoes had a hole in the bottom and he had eczema all other his body. His behavior was inexcusable at times but his tender hugs made my day. He desired attention and love, which I did my best to provide. These stories break my heart but make the week all the more memorable.

Being able to directly touch children’s lives is such an exciting and heart wrenching experience. This summer is already unforgettable and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for the rest of my time here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment